Music Banter - View Single Post - College Football
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #102 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
21 Ole Miss at 1 Alabama

Needless to say I'm always rooting for whoever plays the Tide, as they are the only team ahead of my Ducks, but the reality is that I think "Bama is the better team, esp. in Tuscaloosa. Tide rolls and covers the 2 touchdowns
Final 25-0 Tide.

Quote:
Update on the Ducks/Cal game. Weather throughout the western Pacific Northwest is going to be absolutely horrendous tomorrow. Record rainfall and gale winds are expected in the Eugene area...As such I'm modifying my pick, the Ducks will win but may not cover in those conditions
The Ducks covered this spread by the mid-second quarter. And the weather was every bit as nasty as I'd described. I was right until I decided to factor in the weather. It's currently 55-10 Ducks 10 with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter, and I expect that will be the final. Both teams seem to want to get the hell out of the torrential rain. Almost none of the 55,000 in Autzen Stadium are still in the stands.

(As I was typing this, Cal scored a TD but missed the XP, score now 55-16, that is now a final)

Oh, and one other thing

Quote:
The Ducks control their own destiny, if they win out from this point they will be in the title game, be it against 'Bama or somebody else.
This may not be true. The AP polls are currently the accepted rankings, but the BCS polls will be coming out soon, and that's what really counts. For all I know the BCS might put Clemson or Ohio State in that #2 spot.

Speaking of Clemson and Ohio State...

Quote:
Wake Forest at 3 Clemson

I think the Tigers will come down to earth a little bit, they will win but I pick WF to beat the 28 1/2

23 Wisconsin at 4 Ohio State

Badgers are good but Buckeyes are better, they win and cover the 6 1/2
Finals: Clemson wins 56-7 (I continue to under-appreciate the Tigers), Ohio State wins 31-24 (I covered that one with ZERO room to spare)

5 Stanford at Washington State

Quote:
Another pick will be weather affected, Stanford/Wazzu will be played at CenturyLink Field in Seattle in this ugly storm, I still pick Stanford to win and cover but I'm backing down off of 30 points. Unless it's 30-0. It'll be hard to score much in these conditions.
Final 55-17 Stanford.

Quote:
6 LSU at 9 Georgia

Game of the week. LSU is favored by 3, I could go either way but I will pick LSU. If the Bulldogs win, however, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
Final: Bulldogs win 44-41 in a game that really lived up to the hype (except defensively)

Quote:
8 Florida State at Boston College

The 'Noles are favored by 23. Yeah, that.
FSU win but do not cover, 48-34

Quote:
10 Texas A&M at Arkansas

Aggies are favored by 14 1/2, I think they'll win but I take the Razorbacks to beat the spread
Aggies win but do not cover 45-33
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 09-29-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote