Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #278 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
What are your thoughts as to why our political and business elite is comprised primarily of straight white males despite that demographic being a minority in the common population? Is it simply that every other demographic is lazy, or what? I think there's a certain amount of networking that goes into it, and like you said 'people of different backgrounds tend to stick together.' How that doesn't translate to privilege is beyond me.

As for the 'ghetto' culture, for lack of a better term, I agree based on personal experience that it is a negative influence. Not just on black people, but on people of different races who are young and poor and buy into that mentality.

But I also think the media has amplified the message that black culture is basically ghetto culture (baggy pants, hip hop, etc) and that ghetto culture is associated with crime. They do this through multiple mediums and directed at multiple demographics: through the news, through music, movies, etc.

In most people who adopt the mentality this only really manifests in a certain style of dress and a certain type of attitude. I believe most people who dress or act this way aren't actual serious criminals. But they might take part in petty crime like smoking or selling small quantities of weed, petty theft and **** like that. And statistically speaking they are more likely to be targeted by the police, especially if they're black, and given a harsher sentence once convicted.
the corproate 'elite' are mianly white no doubt partly because of things like slavery setting back blacks. but you have to break it down on individual levels. hypothetically, theres 10 white guys and 3 black guys applying for some upper management position or whatever. the white guys are qualified and the black guys arent. of course you hire one of the white guys. does it matter that the white guys in this hypothetical grew up with money in some nice suburb and the black guys didnt?? no, its a business, you hire the best guy for the job. we cant just let unqualified ppl in positions because it's 'not fair' or whatever.

im not 100% sure how exactly affirmative action works in different sectors or whatever (large corporations, college admission, etc). heres a true story. again, came from a mostly white rural town. our class president was a black guy, real cool dude. so anyways we go to the same college and i invite him and a bunch of other ppl over for a party. we are in the back room smokin weed like college kids tend to do and he tells me about how he got free housing and really cheap tuition. why???? because he was black and signed up for 'minority housing' which are dorms specifically for minorities. the absurdity of that just compeltely blew me away. thats racism right there and not excusable. so this guy is given a huge monetary benefit, thousands of dollars, because of his skin color alone, despite comin from the same economic background and school settin as myself.

ghetto or prison culture is indeed entirely negative and is exploited by the media. but blacks willingly participate in that exploitation. most rappers and athletes are black. take grant hill for example, great nba player for decades. he is light skinned, well spoken, smart, and guess what? he's seen by other blacks as an uncle tom lol. thats the problem, its not cool to be smart or well spoken or successful by traditional means in blakc culture. its cooler to have bravado and be a moron. guys like grant hill should be role models instead.

i agree a lot of ppl arent real thugs and just like to think as themselves as such (to save face in their communities as tough ro whatever) and they likely engage in petty stuff. but once you start a rap sheet, its harder to get a job, harder to advance, etc, but thats the penalty for actin that way. thats your own personal fault and thats where the blame issue starts comin in. 'boo hoo i cant do this and cant do that cause i have a petty theft and drug charge.' well.....yea that's the result of your actions, maybe ya shouldnt do the crime if ya dont want the baggage that comes with it. just like dont sleep around then whine about bein called a whore. dont lie constantly then get mad when ppl dont believe you when you tell the truth, etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
Oop I should amend this to say that racist single mom haters are gross ahah
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
Wow, one of the most incredibly ignorant things posted in this thread. What fantasy world do you live in that gangs are anywhere near a positive or "necessity" in impoverished communities? Gangs are the reason that those communities are divided, unable to develop, and suffer from violence and systemic self-destruction. Gangs literally terrorize communities... Honestly I don't understand the motive for the majority of you even chiming in. Why would anyone believe someone who basks in the frivolity of an online music forum to be an authority on impoverished communities?

yep that was just dumb, no way around that really. some ppl would rather frame gangs as necessity when really its just an excuse to commit crime and heinous acts then blame 'the system' as a scapegoat. they only destroy their own communities time and time again. again, be accountable ppl. cops can never help the ghettos because those communities dont want the help. how many ppl in those communities would help with any police inverstigation?? if you arent goin to cooperate, dont expect ppl to continue to bend over backwards to help you. look what happens in ghettos when new buildings are built. they get destroyed lol. more money would be spent on valuable things in these communities if there wasnt a great chance that money would go completely to waste.

places like detroit for example. its a complete dump. theres no money to be spent because its all wasted, gang culture is completely out of control, thugs run the streeets, etc. some people and some places are beyond repair, thats just the reality of it. everytime this discussion comes up i have the feelin that ppl are exagerating both groups. AKA blacks are all under privilidged poor and whites are all CEOs. there are crazy numbers of poor whites in this country and instead of picturing a queensbridge ghetto flip it into the thousands of trailer parks around the world. why are those poor ppl looked down on and the black ghettos viewed as desrving more help??

Last edited by butthead aka 216; 09-29-2013 at 06:43 AM.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote