Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #144 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTex View Post
Thought experiment - an anti-abortionist (prolifer is a misnomer) happens upon a fertility clinic when a fire breaks out. In a lab to his left he can save 50 embryos waiting for artificial insemination. Or... he can save one unattended child, age 4. He can't save both. What does he do?
In the heat of the moment I would obviously save the child, but that's just what I think my basic protection skills would suggest. The amount of those who die would be greater and in hindsight mine would have been a bad decision, but I would still act in my natural response to stress or be a selflish ******* and save no one.

If, in some odd scenario, I had quite a bit of time to think, I would choose the embryos, though. It leads to a death which many will surely point to me as the blame. However, if I had enough time to realistically (in this situation I believe that I would be under a lot of stress and my natural perspective of what is human would come into play) consider who my actions will affect, I would choose the embryos. That being said (and morally noted) I think I would save whomever lies within my instinct to save i.e. the already born child.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote