Music Banter - View Single Post - Affordable Health Care Act
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #104 (permalink)
CallMeTex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
I am still struggling with how this will benefit American citizens. If everyone around me pays to play yet I don't, I still have to pay to continue not receiving healthcare... and every year I "choose" not to pay the $347 a year it will cost in my state to insure myself I have to pay exponentially more? In what way is this a + for me?

Additionally, my boss was telling me that in order for him to give medical/dental benefits to his employees through AHCA it will cost $4000 a head, while the penalty for not insuring them is only 2k per person. In what world would a small-business owner go along with insuring their workforce through this system?
4k per year is 333 per month. You should find another job were the boss isn't so cheap if that bothers him. If I could get my employees insured for that I would be pretty happy.

As to the small business, with less then 50 full time employees there is no penalty. Most of what I really consider small business won't have to pay a penalty. Medium size businesses will though.

You get to decide if you want to have insurance or not. At some point you will want coverage. The fact is... people who have health care by having insurance live longer than those that don't have insurance. Obviously, it would be better not to have to have insurance companies but that's not happening. It is my hope however, that over time we can move away from the employer model for providing health care.
CallMeTex is offline   Reply With Quote