Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #13555 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
What about This is the End has anything to do with The Hangover series? Also, Jonah Hill played a completely different version of what he normally plays. I truly believe comedy is subjective and don't fault people for not liking a movie but your reasons don't make any sense.
Not to mention he didn't even watch half of it. That means he missed some of the best parts.
Rogan and Goldberg have mentioned that about half of the film is ad-libbed and one of the actors (Baruchel I think) mentioned that a lot of real-life personal stuff came out in the on-screen conversations.
I think the film is hilarious and full of subtle comedy and wit despite (and because of) the over-the-top scenario. The conversation about whether actors are good or bad people is one of the best things I've seen in a comedy film. To me the ending is a bit lame but I guess they needed to conclude the film somehow. Overall I think that the film proves that the major players understand comedy deeply and I'm glad that a film like this is successful.