Music Banter - View Single Post - No punk today
Thread: No punk today
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

I hate it when people say there's no good punk bands anymore. Sure, the whole extremist anarchist Suhhumans/Crass kinda concept is KIND OF 'over' (Leftover Crack, His Hero is Gone, Mouth Sewn Shut might beg to differ) but I think at this point that mentality isn't still really taken seriously anymore. It's naive to think that you're gonna completely overthrow an entire massive culture through music. You'll change a lot of people's lives who aren't interested in the latest blockbuster and celebrity scandal, but that's the most you can really hope for and I think that's enough. The people and pervasive mainstream culture that punk aims to usurp is NEVER gonna go anywhere and I feel like it has just as much a right to be here as punks do. I don't like it, I don't understand it, but really it doesn't affect me. It's not a part of my life, of my punk friend's lives, or even some of my not-punk or 'too-old-for-punk' friends. As far as the whole anarchistic-no government or government takeover whatever aspect of it all goes... I really don't think anyone who is into punk music knows how to lead a country any better than whatever ******* happens to be in charge. To me, punk rock is an ever-growing alternate world for people who just want something else to be a part of or a place to express what's meaningful in their lives. It never died and it never will, I think people like OP are just too lazy to get out there and find something exciting or are expecting too much.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote