Music Banter - View Single Post - Grand Theft Auto V
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #143 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I don't agree with that at all, one of the best parts about GTA V has been it's mission variety

agree that the tennis and yoga are useless but they take up what, 5 minutes, of a 40 hour experience? And I thought the triathlon was fun
I actually found all of the minigames fun - once. That's not really my complaint.
My problem with the game is that I so often found myself with nothing to do but drive a car somewhere or fly an aircraft somewhere. Most of those missions were too long, too boring, or both. As for variety of missions, where I went on the map and what I did to complete them was not usually very exciting.
In a visually beautiful game like this, I wish there was more story to latch on to and make me want to stay up all night playing. GTA 5 mostly made me want to turn it off in frustration when I needed to spend 15 minutes flying into some specific spot to move forward AGAIN.
The 3-character story makes the game longer but not better. I really wanted to love this but I don't. The missions are almost all too easy, too difficult, or too long. I had a lot more fun with San Andreas which is what I said about 4.