Music Banter - View Single Post - Affordable Health Care Act
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #111 (permalink)
CallMeTex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
As someone leaning closer to a democrat than a republican, I find anyone who uses "the Republicans" like some sort of umbrella term to describe a whole group of people with different beliefs, to be a huge douche, not to mention childish about politics. And vice versa for "the democrats".
Ha Ha. This as the House Republicans are shutting down the government in lockstep. For what purpose - to stop Obamacare.

Did I mention lockstep? And what does it take to be a good Republican? Interesting take...

Now you may think that part about "And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect…in the 21st century..." is a bit of hyperbole. I assure you it isn't. I live in Texas and the State Republican Party wanted to ban from schools.... critical thinking. I jest you not. From their own platform:

"We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."

You can't make this stuff up. And it didn't escape the attention of Stephen Colbert:

The Word - On the Straight & Narrow-Minded - The Colbert Report - 2012-17-07 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

I liked the ending... "Do you really think that would have been possible if anybody had been thinking critically? But thank God no one was. And if they [GOP] get their way, nobody will be..."

So look. The guys running the GOP are for the most part either cons or idiots. They are on the wrong side of most any major issue you pick including healthcare. Especially healthcare. And if you don't like that I point it out, you don't have to call me Tex. You may call me Mr. Douche. That's a whole hell of a lot better than teabagger, yes?

Last edited by CallMeTex; 10-02-2013 at 10:20 PM.
CallMeTex is offline   Reply With Quote