Music Banter - View Single Post - Drake
Thread: Drake
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #100 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Screw the haters, I loved this album and have been playing it non-stop.
In my eyes it's Drizzy's best effort to date. He strikes the perfect balance of his pseudo emotional half and his agitative rags to riches storytelling.
I love how people get so wound up by Drake, if you don't like him; don't listen.

For me his combination of smooth voice, soft stuttering rhymes and more times than not relatable lyrics make his music quite addictive.
The production on Nothing was the Same is also exceptional and perfectly compliments Drake's shifts in moods. I'm glad he's outsourced most the production this time as it's given him more a chance to work on the rapping side of things.

Drake never has claimed to be the most technical or intricate MC, but he is a master of the basic fundamentals of what it takes to succeed in hip-hop. He doesn't go out of his way to over complicate his music or to try things he's not capable of doing, so I'd take Drake in that regard over the waves of new rappers who are trying to be socially conscious or experimentally lyrical with wack ass rhyming schemes any day.

Tuscan Leather, Hold on we're Going Home, Started from the Bottom and Wu-Tang Forever are all bona fide bangers. If you think differently, I think you may be going in without an open mind. For what they are, they are all great tracks.

Drake also has going for him that he doesn't need to rely on guest spots. Shit, over half of all 'mainstream' hip-hop albums over the last few years have actually included a Drake verse somewhere so if the people who're actually making and making a living from hip-hop appreciate what he brings to the table and you guys don't, I'd say it were you lot who're in the wrong on this one.

Genuinely give this album a try as apart from maybe DJ, I find it hard to believe that any of you actually listened to it before writing it off. Imagine the shitstorm that would erupt if I wrote off Madvilliany without actually listening to it. Don't be mindless haters guys.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote