Music Banter - View Single Post - R&B Album Swap
Thread: R&B Album Swap
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #86 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
TBH, I've never heard of Raheem DeVaughn but after a few tracks in, I could clearly hear why you think this album is underrated.

He's basically D'Angelo-lite. That's not necessarily a bad thing but they are similar in a lot of ways. My favorite tracks have to be "You" and "Until" I went looking through his wikipedia and it looks like his second album Love Behind the Melody was more well received. I may end up listening to that second album as well some time this weekend.

Have you heard his most recent album that was released last month? If so how is it?

Thats fine. Raheem is pretty "indie" so thats not that surprising but he is pretty well known in my area but thats probably because he is from Washington D.C area. Yea he definitly has that D Angelo/Neo Soul flaire. I really liked those cuts on the album as well especially You.
I think his second album was more well received because it was more R&B commercial. His music hasnt been the same since the "Love Experience" which is disappointing because I think the direction that he was going with his music was really artistic and daring.

I havent listened to all the songs on his new album but I did listen to some songs. To be honest what I heard was "meh". It wasnt horrible but not as impressive as "The Love Experience". That is without a doubt his best album. I would recommend listening to that entire album first and then checking out his other albums because they are very different from "The Love Experience".
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote