Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #500 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

My god mother took her life when I was 9 or 10 years old and it completely tore my family apart and ruined my life and several others' for years. She struggled with addiction to alcohol, cocaine, and with depression that was misdiagnosed and mistreated as bipolar disorder. The drugs ****ed her up even worse until one day she apparently couldn't take it anymore. Her decision to kill herself, her lack of responsibility to herself and the people close to her by ignoring her Doctor's instructions and quitting her anti-depressant regime was selfish and unbelievably stupid but cowardly? I think not. It is unlikely that she would've steeped as low as she did if she hadn't been misdiagnosed in the first place. I miss her every day still more than a decade later, but she was no coward. All in all, it's a case by case basis.

Bit on the late train with this next thing but as far as sleeping pills go, y'all should really try Melatonin. It's completely natural and the only side effects are wicked crazy ass dreams. Seriously it's almost like you're tripping. You do build a slight tolerance to it but I've never had a problem sleeping without it. And if you're being kept awake because of anxiety maybe try and work out the anxiety without pills first.
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 10-09-2013 at 01:51 AM.