Music Banter - View Single Post - College Football
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #107 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
1 Alabama at Kentucky

The Tide is favored by 27 over the Wildcats, one of the SEC doormats. I think that's just about right.

2 Oregon at 16 Washington

This is the game of the week. These two schools HATE each other. Oregon hates Washington because they've been the dominant Northwest program for DECADES until recent years, and the Duck fans resent the sense of entitlement, like the wealthy snobs that look down their noses at their blue collar middle class neighbors. Husky fans view Oregon as "new money" low class trailer trash, but what they REALLY resent is that the Ducks have won 9 in a row by an average score of 44-17.

I hate the Huskies, but I am duty bound to recognize that they have a vastly better team this year than they've had in many years and have a shot at winning this game, especially in the new Husky Stadium. The problem they have, IMO, is that they're playing a fast pace style, which totally plays into the hands of the unquestioned masters of the uptempo offense. The Ducks also have an under-appreciated opportunistic defense. I have to admit I have some concern over this game but my gut tells me that the Husky fans are really gonna be pissed after the shellacking they are gonna get on Saturday, Ducks cover the two touchdown margin.

Boston College at 3 Clemson

Clemson is favored by 27 1/2, they win and cover

5 Stanford at Utah

Cardinal is favored by 9. This is a mortal lock, Stanford blows the Utes away

25 Missouri at 7 Georgia

The spread favors the Bulldogs by 7 1/2. Mortal lock number two, Georgia will definitely cover this

Rutgers at 8 Louisville

I continue to under-appreciate the Cardinals, I think they will win but I pick Rutgers to beat the 19 1/2 point spread. This game kicks off tonight at 7:30 EDT

9 Texas A&M at Ole Miss

Spread is 6 favoring the Aggies, the Rebels are actually a pretty good team but it's hard to bet against Johnny Football. I take the Aggies

17 Florida at 10 LSU

Tigers are favored by 7, they win and cover.
Alabama to cover by 35. The Tide is so strong up front they will literally destroy that weak d-line.

Huskies haven't really been relevant since the Napoleon Kaufman era. They will get pounded by Oregon. Oregon to cover by 28 points.

Clemson to win and cover also. Boyd is one helluva gun slinger and that D is solid.

Stanford will dominate and win by 30. Not sure where the betting line was factored but apparently a four year old set the line.

I'm torn on the Georgia game. They looked very mortal last week. I sense Missou covering the spread. Georgia to win with mizzou covering the spread.

Louisville to cover the spread. They will absolutely pummel a poor Rutgers team. I see them running the ball down their throats the entire game.

Aggies over Ole Miss by a ton. I figure a four touchdown beat down by J-football.

Tigers by 7 indeed. I'll go with a two touchdown beatdown.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote