Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #1383 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Ok, I'm usually pretty good with computers but this problem is stumping me. The keyboard on my laptop seems to be completely messed up. I haven't spilled anything on it nor is there any dirt under the keys (just cleaned it last week). But when I type on it, I will press a key and get a completely different character. When I pressed A, I got N. Shit like that. It's now like a weird cryptogram puzzle that gets printed in the newspapers. The numeric keypad does not work at all, even with NumLock on. Caps key and shift keys do not work. The only key that seems to work properly is the damn space bar.

I tried doing a system restore on it, back to a few days ago before the drivers were updated, to see if that would reset things. Nothing. Absolute failure. There is also a problem with the typing cursor - if I click to type something in the middle of a sentence, it just scrolls all the way back to the end. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

What can I do? The Internet is not turning up any reasonable options. Or maybe I'm searching with the wrong keywords. Or maybe Google just sucks.

inb4 "d'oh how did you type this up then?" - I'm using my boyfriend's computer.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote