Music Banter - View Single Post - No punk today
Thread: No punk today
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #95 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
That is about a twenty years difference between the two scenes. Twenty years is a long time, and there a lot that can happen in that time, and a lot did happen for better and worse. So you have no qualms about genres in between those two scences say for example Disco, Day-glo 80s Pop, or Glam Metal but for whatever reason Seattle and Detroit rubs you the wrong way?
I hate Seattle because that's where grunge came from and that music robbed me of my gigs. It was either surrender to it or rebel against it. Well, in the true spirit of punk and (supposedly) grunge, I chose the latter. No regrets. I did the right thing. As for Detroit, I live here. I'm sitting in Detroit as I type this. We were a great city at one time. We are not anymore. We are past our prime. Our due date has expired. But the truth is, the entire Western world is Detroit. We are in our twilight.

Quote:
Wow really? Are you serious? or are you phrasing that like a rhetorical question?
Wow really? You can name everybody in every band even when you never listened to them?? Neither can I.

Quote:
en if Kurt Cobain was the best playing lead guitar you can't fault him as a "hack" because he didn't pass himself off as the "greatest guitar you ever heard."
Well, he couldn't. I didn't hate Cobain, I hated the way morons fawned all over him like he was the greatest thing ever in music. He was a hack guitarist who wrote a few decent songs and had the sense to like the Meat Puppets. And he sparked an interest in Leadbelly and he deserves credit for that.

Quote:
I don't think Grunge was unmusical - like it or lump it - it just had a different music sensibility about it.
It sure did.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote