Music Banter - View Single Post - No punk today
Thread: No punk today
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #100 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Queensryche - Continuing to make albums and tour the world.
Kenny G - 25th highest selling artist in America
Nevermore - After releasing a slew of nice and successful 2000's albums, went on hiatus in 2011, but only after touring heavily with great success.
Burning Witch - I guess you got me here, they were only around for 3 years, but members went on to form Sunn O))) and Khanate, 2 highly revered bands in the metal community.
Carissa's Wierd - After influencing countless bands and sparking more interest in a musical movement, broke up in 2003. Members formed Band of Horses.
Hovercraft - Cited as one of the most abrasive, non-commercial sounding bands ever to receive major label distribution for its albums. The group was largely well respected and well received by critics and developed a cult following.
Land - Probably the only band I mentioned that hasn't had a huge, longstanding effect on music. Oh well, they made some great stuff right at the same time grunge was going strong, and many people enjoyed it.
The Mentors - do you not know the Mentors?
Sanctuary - Jeff Loomis was in the band, so they spawned the aforementioned Nevermore, highly influential and well regarded in the thrash scene.

Only an idiot would tell you going whateverthe****x platinum makes success.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote