Music Banter - View Single Post - The Iron Maiden appreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #146 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

What I know about Di'Anno I've learned over the last ten years. So to be fair, I knew of Iron Maiden as the band with Bruce on vocals and then went back and listened to those first two albums. However, while some of my mates always slagged him off, I liked Paul. I liked those albums. I still do.

Still, Iron Maiden have, in my opinion, grown old gracefully. In recent years they have managed to both retain credibility and somewhat reinvent themselves commercially and make a new generation of Iron Maiden fans. They have remained relevant, to their absolute credit.

Paul Di'Anno's career is a polar opposite and he has grown old anything but gracefully. Put aside for a moment the homophobic comments, which are bad enough, but it's been thirty years and he still seems a bitter man. "I dont sing opera, and I'm not a ballerina". What does that even mean? If he wants to remain bitter and attempt to demean the man who replaced him, a better singer, and a better man, at least make some ****ing sense.

I'm sure "Bruce Dickinson!" heckles from his audiences do get old and are frustrating for him, and it's far from original, but reacting the way he does paints a very bitter, jealous picture of a man living in the past. Time to get over it, Paul.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote