Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does mainstream music appeal?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Agree that it's always been wank, it's just that imo it moves with the times depending on what's in at that particular moment, but it's just a watered down version of said genre. Dubstep was big here 2008-2012 roughly, the only tracks that charted were piss poor interpretations of that genre. Can keep going back in time and it's always the way. There are exceptions, not many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Mainstream music appeals because it is easily accesible and its not to complex for the casual music listener. It is also more memorable because of the catchy choruses and beats that makes the songs easy to recognize.
Agree, also radio stations hammering the same 10-15 songs all day long until it's stuck in your head has something to do with it.

Quote:
I think mainstream music is not even about "music" or talent anymore and more about marketing and branding. Not to say that it hasnt always been like that but it appears that this is the only premise that the industry is looking to promote currently.
Yeah, which is why the music itself is so vanilla, because that allows it to appeal to the widest possible audience, thus more $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
LOL, I bet if someone actually released "This is the song I made" it would be a big hit, even if just as a goof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote