Music Banter - View Single Post - Cool Skapunk bands
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ev1ld0er
Groupie

Smile

More punk oriented (no horns or sometimes 1 horn):
- Snuff (older snuff was punk, but they have some awesome skapunk songs - Drummer=singer here btw)
- NOFX (punk band, but when a mexican joined the band he introduced ska/reggea in some of the songs and are some of my favorites!)
- Goldfinger (punk band, but have a handful of skapunk songs you'd definately like)
- Rancid (the successor of operation ivy, actually a punk band but they have skapunk vibes still ringing)
- The Flatliners (punkband, with some skapunk influences (but again, reallllly good)
- Random Hand ('anger managament'! - singer plays trombone)
- Authority Zero (really neat, check it - mexican influences)
- RX Bandits (really really good technical band, they threw skapunk away their latest album(s?) but their first 2-3 albums are awesome skapunk)
- The Fad (more punk oriented)
- Sublime (you can call this more reggea/punk, but very good)
- Operation ivy (skapunk without horns)

More horns:
- P.O.Box
- Mad Caddies

- Catch22 (old songs are with streetlight singer/writer)
- Mustard plug (as mentioned before, more ska oriented but have some really good skapunk songs!)
- Reel Big Fish (most songs are more ska than punk)
- Streetlight Manifesto
- The JB Conspiracy

- Big D and the kids table
- Ska-P (spanish skapunk band reunited)
- Less Than Jake (as you mentioned)
- Five Iron Frenzy (christian skapunk, but have awesome songs to make up for it)
- Buck-o-nine (more ska than punk, but have some great songs: 'My town' i.e.)
- Slapstick (really awesome to bad they're no more)
- Link 80

Bands in Red don't exist no more, band in blue exist and play, orange i'm unsure.
I could go on & on and list individual songs or songs of bands who just have like 1 great skapunk song but nothing else. Mail me if you need to.

*disclaimer: this is not a complete list offcourse, but these are the bands I mainly listen and go to.

Last edited by Ev1ld0er; 10-14-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Ev1ld0er is offline   Reply With Quote