Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sexual Experience Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #9280 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
i like bc but it gives me massive headaches
i want an iud but i hear those hurt when they're inserted and i can't just coax myself into not having a period like you can with bc
I hated the pill, had the same problem as you. Then I tried Nuva ring, that was worse and also my boyfriend said he could feel it. I think he was just more grossed out by it than anything. You can try the patch or the shot but they aren't as effective and also give you a high dose of hormones all at once - if you're getting headaches in the pill I can't imagine what the shot would be like.

The other options of course are IUD's. There's two kinds - Mirena which is low hormone, and copper ones which are not hormonal. I have Mirena, which is good for 5 years and you get really light periods on it, and sometimes your period goes away. It's only 1.5" in length and width, and doesn't reallt hurt when it's put in.

But if you still want periods, you can try a copper IUD. They are non hormonal (no side effects) and they last for 10 years and are 99% effective. You still get regular periods. And you get it put in at a regular gyno exam, just tell them you want it. Do you have Planned Parenthood out there? We one here and they show you the IUD so you can see how tiny it is.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote