Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #199 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

What has Kendrick talked in his actual singles other than alcoholism?

I might be missing something but I don't know if "Bitch Don't Kill my Vibe" has a very good message.
Also I agree about Biggie having some songs that were highlighting social issues, but some of the **** he talks about is just ridiculous. He was just as nasty and obnoxious as any other rappers in some of his songs.

ALSOALSO, the opposite of bringing "light to the griminess of New York's poor black communities" is not the opposite of reveling in monetary and material possessions and wealth. I just have to put that out there. What he did talk about in some of his songs was how money was a problem, and then in other songs talked about wealth. That is what is hypocritical here.

I have to say the same thing about Tupac though. Some of his songs and some of his interviews just made people realize great issues in the black community, in education, and much more, and then other songs were just... nothing songs.

tl;dr NOT ALL RAPPERS CAN BE AS KEWL AS MACKLEMORE, U GUYS.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote