Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #131 (permalink)
Key

^If I am making jokes about things that others would find offensive, it's not because I think low of whatever the joke is about, i'm socially awkward, so I try to add a bit of humor to a more or less awkward situation. Perhaps I go over the line, but for my own sake, to get people to laugh is the only way I can feel comfortable in the situation be it at work or in public. If people don't like that, it's their problem and not mine. I don't think I should be made to feel like crap for making a joke about something that somebody else gets offended by, especially if I don't know that person well enough to know that they get offended by it. Also take into consideration that a lot of people do respond well to certain types of jokes, and that just makes it easier to make the jokes, regardless of if they're offensive. They're jokes, they're meant to be taken lightly, never to be taken in seriousness, otherwise they wouldn't be jokes. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote