Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does mainstream music appeal?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
They deserve your love.

Anyway, why can't major labels just sign some good bands? There are plenty of them out there, and they wouldn't have to pay for voice correction tools. I'm convinced that a lot of non-**** bands would sell, since a lot of people will listen to anything that's thrown at them and as long as it's marketed correctly it won't really matter if there's a ****ty reggaeton beat or some proper drumming.

Agree

I think the industry itself creates these markets and brands.

Because there is not a doubt in my mind that if the industry promoted and marketed acts like Janelle Monae they would be just as popular. I think the industry purposely chooses to market certain artists and certain songs over others because they want a particular brand of music to sell.

If kids are only exposed to the Gaga's or the Bieber's that is only thing they are going to have to judge by. People just listen to what is easily accessible not necessarily because its prolific.

Take Miguel for instance, he makes some of the most blandest non catchiest music known to man (come me a snob or a elist I dont care its true) but ...he is oddly widely popular, do people honestly think this is by coincidance?

The same with Frank Ocean who doesnt have marketbable looks (although I do think his cute) and okay music but the industry decided to promote him therefore he was successful.

So all this talk about so and so isnt marketbable is all bull**** because there have been successful artists who dont have catchy music or marketbable looks who have been successful ex. Adele...
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote