Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does mainstream music appeal?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Adele is an exception and a rare one. How many other types of Adeles and unmarketable mainstream artists do you see out there? They are far and few between.

Also that Janelle mention doesn't hold up either. I personally think she's great and talented but it doesn't seem like the masses think so. I went to her Today show concert in the morning and it wasn't as packed as when I went to see Flordia Georgia Line featuring Nelly in the same place.

Also if it was just Nelly there headlining by himself. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been as packed either but country fans know how to turn up for bands that they love.
I agree Adele is an exception. However, her exception still shows that in this new generation of music and pop stardom, a singer with no "pop star" qualities can still become a superstar for her "voice" and "music" alone. Adele is a superstar because of her TALENT not because of ANYTHING else. No gimmicks, no stripping butt naked on stage, no booty bounce... none of that.

I also I disagree with your opinion on Janelle.

The reason why Janelle is not as famous is because for one thing she is on one of the most sh!ttiest labels known to man (Bad Boys) and she is being managed by one of the most the sh!ttiest business managers known to man (Diddy) who has jacked up alot of promising careers.

The MAJOR reason why she isnt as famous is because the industry simply won't promote her. Ive listened to all her music and although her production is complicated and she is very artistic, she has made some radio friendly songs that if the industry promoted it they could have easily been semi successful or successful on the radio.

So how can the masses not like her if she hasnnt even been given a chance? "The Electric Lady" debut at number 5, which is pretty darn good for an album that received 0 promotion besides two music videos at the time of its release. So people respect Janelle as an artist. She actually has a pretty nice size following for someone who isnt as famous as her peers and she is very critically acclaim. If the industry promoted her, man she would be huge. She has everything there to be a superstar. (Looks, good singer, good dancer, good songwriter, good performer, interesting, artistic, different etc)
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote