Music Banter - View Single Post - No punk today
Thread: No punk today
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #150 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Well, that isn't punk. Punk NEVER wanted to make it big. Punk stood steadfastly against that. Rap wanted nothing more than to be mainstream. Punk wanted nothing more than to be shunned and reviled by the mainstream.
You're still completely ignoring underground hip hop.

Quote:
Sure I have. The artistic (anti-artistic) milieu created by dada was what enabled punk to exist. It was the freshly plowed field where the seeds of punk were sown. Your contention that this is not true is saying that punk came out of nowhere all the sudden. NOTHING ever emerges in the arts that way--ever.
Dada is antiart, i didn't dispute that. What I disputed was that it was the first act of protest art. Punks from the 70s were POOR. They were the average joes and the hooligan trouble makers with no future because of lack of opportunity. Society has had average joes and hooligans since the beginning of society, such are the makeup of most original blues musicians as well. That's what I meant by punk being a genre by and for the everyman. And no, punk obviously didn't come from nowhere. Nothing can come from nowhere, so far that is scientifically impossible in every way. What I'm saying is punk came from a variety of sources, namely The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, 60s pop/power pop, glam, in some cases dada, you name it. What seperated punk from those things though was that it was a platform that was accessible to ANYONE. That was completely new at the time.

Quote:
Of course the philosophy isn't dead. If that's what you think I am saying, you haven't understood a word I've said. And the art as far as punk music is concerned hasn't changed and that is exactly the problem.
Oh, wait, it isn't dead now? Because that's not what you said before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
From a philosophical standpoint, punk is dead and has not been revitalized. It doesn't make sense to continue to play punk when we've already had a post-punk genre (Swans, PIL, etc).
Jackass. And yet again you refuse to acknowledge the many examples disproving your bull**** idea that nothing new has happened in punk since the 70s.

It's a wonder you know as much about punk as you do. Anyone who started talking as much **** as you have would've had it been made clear they didn't belong by any punks I've ever known. You're continuing to do what I pointed out before- filtering out any information that discredits your agenda and then going off topic. Once again, that is called propaganda- a handy tool for a fascist clown. Not punk. At all. You're like the guy at the back of the show with your arms folded, scowling, refusing to take part and judging everyone else in the crowd. Your thread is over, son. Get the **** out already. Get that good job at the office, buy yourself a nice little condo in a nice part of town, drive a flashy car, et cetera, ya feels?

All that aside, I will admit it was neat looking at the art pictures. Maybe you should stick to making threads about paintings until you're ready to admit this whole thing is a sham.
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 10-16-2013 at 01:10 AM.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote