Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #215 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
weird group

if i was a rape victim i dont think id be really offended by that comment cause i know they are just jokin and its just a phrase. words and meanings change dependin on context. but who knows

Let's be honest, 216, that's crap. You're a guy and unlikely to get raped ever. So am I. We know **** all about how people who have undergone that horrible ordeal feel, so please do me a favour and stop pretending you understand. You don't. I don't. We can't. So we are not qualified to speak on how someone who has experienced the horror of rape will feel, ever, for the rest of their lives. Whether it's a person known to them or unknown, that cloud will always hang over every perception they have and offhand, supposedly funny but ultimately insensitive comments like that will always be a trigger, and a reminder.

TBH, I don't see why anyone should have to use the word rape in the presence of, or when talking about, any woman. There are some women in my life I really despise but I would never talk of raping them or of hoping they were raped. It's just a horrible thing to wish on someone or to contemplate happening to someone.

That last part isn't directed specifically at you, 216, but just my comment on the needlessness of anyone using the word, thereby the invalidity of using it in a "humourous" (in massive quotes) manner...