Music Banter - View Single Post - The Iron Maiden appreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #163 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
To be blunt, who the **** cares.

It's not a big deal, people call their friends, people the hate, or people they don't know "***got" all the time. It doesn't mean anything. In a world where some sick freaks would actually cut your head off and **** down your throat in a fit of rage, the guy got off easy. He could've had him roughed up, he could've been a nice guy and played it off, invited him backstage and tortured him to death.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. They are words, and I'm sure him and gay people will get over it sooner rather than later, if they even took offense to begin with. Seemed like everyone stayed, seemed like he went on to entertain the crowd after that.

You act like an *******, there's a good chance that someone's going to react to it. The guy who shouted Bruce's name knew that, that's why he said it. He was probably laughing his ass off and will be telling his buddies/family/kids the story for the rest of his life. That is, if he wasn't assassinated by Paul's hitman after. Who knows?
Eh, though I don't use it among friends anymore it doesn't really bother me that much (though I'd prefer it if you didn't do it) if it's just a group of friends talking **** just to talk **** who don't actually mean it, but when you do it in public like that it reflects on your personal views more. But on the other side of the coin when you've probably been getting this kind of crap for the past three decades then I can understand how you might flip out and let something like that out even if you're not an actual homophobe.

Douchey to be sure, but it's premature to judge a guy too harshly just on the basis of a few comments when you don't really know his personal history or the larger historical context that may have influenced him in that moment.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote