Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #256 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I said I'd drop it and I am. I've made my point, whether accepted or not. Anyone who thinks I'm "trying too hard" or mistakes my real concern for mock, that's their problem. I'm deadly serious in everything I said here.

In other news...

I don't subscribe to the phrase "Either everything is funny/fair game or nothing is." That's just a weak excuse to make jokes about things you know should not be joked about.

South Park is of course infamous for this, but sometimes they pull it off, sometimes they don't. There's an episode called, I think, "Stan's cup", where at the end, after he has watched his team being hammered by professional hockey players, the kid sick in bed says "no hope" and dies. End story.

Why is that funny, can someone tell me? Why are Family Guy jokes about "dumpster babies" funny? What's the point? There's a certain code of morality I believe comedy should follow, and some things should be off limits. Obviously, few people agree with me on this, but that's how I feel.

As someone said, for a thread about jokes this has given me zero pleasure and no laughs, so I guess this will be the last of my contributions to it. Hold down the applause as I leave, kids.