Music Banter - View Single Post - No punk today
Thread: No punk today
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #154 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
The first four albums more or less sounded the same, after that they did get a little different but for the most part stuck to what they liked and were capable of. There's nothing wrong with that, they knew what they wanted to do and did it instead of hoping on the new wave bandwagon. I'm not saying that's entirely what The Clash did but after London Calling they started to suck, imo. Combat Rock had a few good tracks, Sandinista was so awful I've never even been able to finish it front to back without skipping a few songs, and Cut the Crap was ****ing horrible.

This video sums it up pretty clearly, the whole interview is pretty cool but the parts relevant here are from 3:40-4:00 and 4:48-5:40.

People who love the Ramones love them because of their dedication to their original idea. They're not a band you listen to if you're the type of person who needs a drastic leap song to song, album to album. Nothing wrong with that either, just tryna point out that variety doesn't always make a band better and that's not what everyone expects from every band they listen to if any.

I like this guy. The Ramones were one of my first loves in the hardcore scene and deserve any accolades thrown their way. If it ain't broke whats to fix.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote