Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I'd probably have to go with Ride the Lightning. It's just so diverse, and the atmosphere is just blacker than black. It feels like everything metal should be. It's also one of the greatest evolutions in style of any non-art rock album I've ever heard. You listen to Kill 'Em All and then listen to Ride the Lightning and it's like two different bands. One was a group of dunderheaded but passionate metalheads and then they became a mature, assured band at mastery with their sound all in the space of two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
RtL is the first one with memorable songs? Do fans not lose it when they hear the opening riff of "Seek and Destroy"? What about "Motorbreath", "The Four Horsemen", and "Jump in the Fire"?

That being said, I did in fact vote for RtL.
"Seek and Destrroy" is one of my all-time fav Metallica songs. That riff just destroys everything.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote