Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #394 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Also Check This Out........
This is an extra album from the same year that I've chosen, that either just missed the final cut, I think could be of interest, or even from a different genre that could be of interest or influence on the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

Sorcery Stunt Rock 1978 (EMI)
Heavy Metal

Sorcery were a Hollywood based heavy metal band that took ‘The Alice Cooper Show’ to extreme lengths. Not only would the band perform on stage as expected, but their stage show also inorporated two magicians in Paul Haynes and Curtis James Hyde, whose on-stage personas represented both ‘good and evil’ in the band’s stage performance and the show was known as “The King of the Wizards against the Prince of Darkness” a somewhat predictable topic to say the least! The band members Greg Mcgee, Richard Taylor, Richie King and Perry Morris had worked fairly extensively in the local area, especially on soundtracks and background music for the local film studios, and bassist Richard Taylor had also featured with Legs Diamond. The band put out a brand of metal that relied on energy rather than songcraft and unsurprisingly the band were looking to tap into the Kiss visual appeal market. Most of the easily accessible material by the band on the Stunt Rock album, actually comes from the Stunt Rock movie made just a few short years later. As said the band would go onto provide the soundtrack and to star in the movie that was also known as Stunt Rock in 1980, after the far better known Foreigner had turned down the offer for the film. The film was something of a flop and was one of a number of movies that were released in this time period, that tried to exploit the concept of movies meets rock. Needless to say, Sorcery were probably one of the lesser talented gimmick acts of their time, but their brand of heavy metal will be of interest to anybody that enjoys the cheesier aspects of metal and as always the Stunt Rock movie is something that I finally aim to see one of these days.

If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 06-01-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote