Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

As Trollheart has already said the DH version has more of a progressive feel, which indicates the roots of the band and they actually play the song how it should be played, which is as a song in various dynamic stages. Whereas the Metallica version is a more one-dimensional thrash sound, that tries to mix things up here and there rather than really embracing the song like DH do. The fact of the matter is, that DH were an old school rock band that based their songs around structure and progression, rather than simply going out to blitz the audience as early Metallica would.

Also DH were one of the more melodic NWOBHM bands around and their influences ranged from Led Zeppelin to Trapeze, which kind of indicates where they were coming from and they also had a passion for AOR which can also be heard on some of their material, which of course set them a long way from what Metallica were all about. Point being, I wouldn't therefore expect any Metallica fans to be overly excited with Diamond Head's discography, whereas a melodic metalhead could easily ejaculate over it.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote