Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #395 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Albums that missed the cut.........
Other good albums worth checking out that were also released in 1978, but weren't quite good enough to make the top 10 and are listed below in no set order, so the best of the rest:

Uriah Heep
Fallen Angel 1978

With an even greater shift to a more mainstream AOR sound, this album is competent without ever excelling where it matters, but it does have some great driving stuff and none come any better than “I’m Alive”.

Granmax
Kiss Heaven Goodbye 1978

This Nebraskan band released two albums in the mid to late 1970s and this album their second and the lesser known, is the stronger of the two and is really highlighted with quality songs like “This Life’s For Me” and the stunning “Respected Man”.

Shakin’ Street
Vampire Rock 1978

The debut album from this French heavy metal band, who combined metal and punk in a potent cocktail and were fronted by singer/actress Fabienne Shine, the group would also feature future Manowar guitarist Ross ‘The Boss’ Friedmann on their next album.

Gary Moore
Back on the Streets 1978

The second album by Gary Moore which despite being instrumentally top-heavy, was at certain times like a Phil Lynott album in everything but name. Some good material and helped open the door for his return to Thin Lizzy to replace Brian Robertson.

Whitesnake
Trouble 1978

David Coverdale since the folding of Deep Purple had released a slew of albums and Trouble would be the most focused to date now under the Whitesnake name. The album also displays the band’s edgy sound and blueprints their forthcoming albums.

Rose Tattoo
Rose Tattoo 1978

A slice of AC/DC inspired hard rock with pint-sized Angry Anderson matching Bon Scott where it matters. A collection of solid rockers that are highlighted by power gems like “Astra Wally”.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 06-01-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote