Music Banter - View Single Post - Member's Journal, mods won't help.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

First of all, I'm highly surprised that this hasn't been openly addressed sooner by another moderator. For that, I apologize profusely on behalf of the team. Secondly, regarding myself, I've been a bit MIA the past couple of days since I've been quite busy with more important matters at home. I hope you can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstars View Post
So my computer's broken. I type up a review on my 3DS, but one problem: I usually add a picture of the album cover, which I can't do on here. No problem, I add a message asking the mods to remove the text and add a picture of the cover...and they publish the post as is and don't contact me and tell why. No problem, it was late, they'll do it later. I submit a post reminding them...they publish that, and don't edit the previous post or contact me. Can someone please edit it, or at least contact me?
Pedestrian basically stated what I was going to say -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
To be honest, I didn't always read every journal entry top to bottom before posting it, unless it was in SYG. It could be that they confirmed the queue and didn't realize you were attempting to communicate through it. I'd PM your favourite and ask for the favour next time, instead of trying to go through the queue.
It's true that journal posts from regular contributors don't often get read all the way through. I often just skim over them. Since journal content is controlled by the member who owns that journal, it's almost impossible for moderators to spot discrepancies or errors in the posts, simply because we think whatever you put in there is what you want!

I highly suggest that instead of putting a message to the mods through the journal, that you send us a private message. You can then be sure that it will be seen and a mod can edit or delete your post appropriately. I think that members should AT LEAST be able to edit their own journal posts. That's an administrator function that needs to be activated though and since getting the admins to approve things like this is like pulling teeth, I'm often discouraged from submitting the request because I can be 90% sure of how it will be addressed.

I will take a look at your posts now that I have a few minutes to do so, and I'll fix them as per your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Nope, not a democratic forum when it comes to picking mods though.

Mods are appointed by those in office think of it that way. How certain positions are appointed when the current head comes into office.
Right, it's not democratic. It's an oligarchy, or maybe a meritocracy. Members submit either their own applications or nominate other members whom they think are fit for the job, and most pick the best candidates from that group. Power is put solely into the hands of a smaller group of people. Personally, I don't have a problem turning this place into a democracy of sorts.

As for the post approval issues, aren't we really beating a dead horse with this one? Every time somebody has an issue with their journal or whatever, the issue gets brought up and addressed, time and again. Lately I have been very good at checking the queue once daily, so at the very least that means posts are getting approved once every 24 hours. I even do it at work when I'm not supposed to even be on here, or in class too. I sometimes get the impression that it's hard to keep you guys happy, and I don't want anyone to feel that way.