Music Banter - View Single Post - Member's Journal, mods won't help.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I sometimes get the impression that it's imposible to keep Trollheart happy, and I don't want anyone to feel that way.
Seriously, I just see the issue repeating every so often, and being a journal fiend I'm the one who tends to notice it most. I've already mentioned I don't like to put mods under pressure by submitting too many entries at once, so this slows down my productivity, as it were, as well as leading to my constantly harassing mods on the same issue.

I really think making one member (doesn't have to be me, but it does) responsible for approving journal posts, with the power to do that, would remove what must be something of a headache for the mods, and would certainly stop whining from this quarter.

BD you're right; as I said Vanilla has been watching things for me/us. But that doesn't invalidate the fact that posts I made yesterday were only approved late today. I know it's not a huge delay, but I do wonder if, without the push from me and others, how long this could have stretched for? Sometimes it does seem, even if it's not the case, that journal posts are being overlooked, put on the back burner, even forgotten about. I understand there are more important things for mods to do, but when we put in the work I think it's only fair we should see the fruits of that labour in a reasonable time. And to be perfectly honest, no, twenty-four hours later isn't really good enough in my opinion. If the posts are not being checked, edited, spellchecked etc, and all that's needed is a tick in a box, why should that realistically take a day?

Again, if there was one person to do this it would not: it would be done on more than likely an hourly basis, which is what I would like to see. A reasonable time frame in my mind for post approval would be an hour or two after it's submitted.

Once more, not getting at you or anyone else, or trying to tell you how to do your job. Just offering to take a few of those heavy boxes from you and sort through them, leaving you free to do the rest of your work.

Edit: Oh and no, the horse is far from dead. I've given him a shot and he'll be fine, up and cantering around in no time. Until someone definitively comes out and says no to this proposal, I'm going to keep reminding you guys and pushing for it. It only seems to make sense to me, and I'm not the only one, it would appear.