Music Banter - View Single Post - Heavy Music
Thread: Heavy Music
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Gaahl's gay? I'm sure that went up a storm in the Norwegian black metal scene. Even if a lot of their right wing crap is just a pose I imagine that a gay musician isn't going to get much love up there.

And great thread BTW.
Thank you, sir. And, yes, Gaahl is homosexual. He also bankrolled a line of women's clothing and had a romantic relationship with his collaborator, Dan DeVero.

I'm not sure how this effected his black metal cred. I've read some hate on the internet but well.. it's the internet. Gaahl's own thoughts on the matter are predictably laconic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
are you aware that there is a great metal band out there named after you hombre?
No, I was not aware of that band. It's not really my cup of tea but I see that Armored Saint's bassist is involved so that's cool. And this is probably a good time to add that the thrust of this journal will not always be extreme music that is widely considered unlistenable (although I do expect it will mostly be that). For instance I like early Armored Saint. To me they fit my criteria (heavy/good).

ARE YOU IN THE MOOD FOR SOME CRAZINESS TONIGHT?!