Music Banter - View Single Post - Member's Journal, mods won't help.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Sometimes it does seem, even if it's not the case, that journal posts are being overlooked, put on the back burner, even forgotten about. I understand there are more important things for mods to do, but when we put in the work I think it's only fair we should see the fruits of that labour in a reasonable time. And to be perfectly honest, no, twenty-four hours later isn't really good enough in my opinion. If the posts are not being checked, edited, spellchecked etc, and all that's needed is a tick in a box, why should that realistically take a day?

Again, if there was one person to do this it would not: it would be done on more than likely an hourly basis, which is what I would like to see. A reasonable time frame in my mind for post approval would be an hour or two after it's submitted.
I'm sorry, but that point comes across as incredibly impatient. I know that we now live in a society where everything is instant, and we've forgotten how to wait, but people still have lives off the Internet. Ideally, members with at least 500 posts (or perhaps 1,000) should just be able to post in journals without having to be approved, but right now that is not the case. Everybody has to wait for a mod to check the queue. I can't promise that it's going to happen once an hour though.

I always feel like you are the only one to continuously complain about the lack of speed in terms of post approval. The original discussion thread wasn't even originally about the frequency of approvals, but it dissolved into such a discussion. TH, you are a great member and a huge asset to this community, but this is just what I've been noticing lately.

My honesty probably comes across as crass but I had to put that all out there.