Music Banter - View Single Post - Upcoming Albums That Have You Stoked!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
I know there isn't very many albums I get excited about when they're announced, but what there have been a few over the past year that I was really excited getting my hands on for whatever reason. The feeling of anticipation, knowing what it's going to sound like, what the album artwork will look like, ect. So, what are some albums you're really just wanting to get a hold of?

I apologize if there is already a thread, but I have yet to see a thread that encompasses all genres, or even one at all.

I'll start with the two artists I can think of right now. I bought Dahga Bloom's debut LP from them about a year ago, mainly because I really liked a few songs off it, and it was cheap. I felt like it was a bit lacking, and when I heard 3-4 really good songs they posted on their facebook for their next album a few weeks ago, I got really, really hyped up. I keep going back to these songs, almost daily because they're so good. I've been talking with the band on facebook, and pre-orders for it start around November, but I don't know if I can wait that long...

There's also a new Swans album in the works, and it seems both bob and I purchased a handmade CD signed by M. Gira himself which goes to fund it. I'm really psyched for this as well, considering how much I liked "The Seer". I'm really hoping "Oxygen" will be on the new album, that bassline makes me want to beat my head into a wall until I pass out... in a really good way.

I actually quite like the Dhaga Bloom stuff kind of psychedelic punk rock. The singer reminds me of the Cult lead vocalist in a way I can't explain. Almost Jim Morrison-ish also but I mean that in a good way. Kind of catchy.

Of course i'll step up on The Swans album like you and Bob, i'll probably forego the signed copy in blood though.

I felt compelled to post to your thread cause you called yourself a creeper and I never got that feeling from you whatsoever.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote