Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you guys drink Tea sometimes?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #132 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
But parameters are forever changing because life, the universe and everything in it is constantly changing, things lead from one thing to the other. Spring becomes summer, summer becomes autumn and so on. But the point of the story is that we can never know where events will lead, whether in the long run something is for the better or for the worse.

If I win the lottery next week it might seem wonderful, let's say I use my winnings to go on holiday and I get on the plane and it crashes and I'm killed then my winning the lottery wasn't so wonderful after all. Or maybe it was wonderful. Maybe my dying early was wonderful because later in life I was all set to suffer a mental breakdown, go on a senseless killing spree and ruin countless lives. Do you see my point?
And on a long enough time line everybody dies. If you wanna take it to the extreme then everything leads to one big loss. Who cares about using pseudo-philosophy to dissect a word with a simple dictionary definition? If you win the lottery you just won. You now have a lot of money. That is a win. You just won at playing the lottery. What you do afterward is irrelevant to your initial win.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote