Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #6070 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You know, Pete, I always kinda thought you were a gaming hipster what with all your indie games. But now I see that given the sheer volume of games that you play that you must have run out of console games to play a long time ago.
Eh, my understanding of a hipster is someone who thinks they're better than other people because of their more esoteric choices in media. Where it's more about how people perceive them based on their entertainment of choice rather than just liking what they like. The AAA gaming market has changed this generation into something that I don't find particularly attractive, but I don't really begrudge people for liking what they like. If I was maybe 6 or 8 years younger and my first experience with online multiplayer was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare I would probably think that game was the shit.

Rather than bitch about how gaming has abandoned its principles or turned its back on the nerds and geeks that birthed it in favor of attempting to woo the eyes (and wallets) of the people who only buy the newest Call of Duty or Fifa/Madden game, I found a niche where the games I want is thriving. Sure I might not get the fanciest graphics but I get a more engaging experience. I mean one of my favorite games from this year is a game in which I play as a fucking border guard checking immigrants paperwork.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote