Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #94 (permalink)
Key

Number 9 our of 15: Porcupine Tree - Signify

Honestly, as far as Porcupine Tree goes, it's very hard for me to pick a number one favorite album, seeing as how Steven Wilson has always found a way to make each album better and better both musically and lyrically. This one in particular is a very good example of how musically and lyrically it's top notch. A lot of PT's albums have that strong point that I just cling onto, like with Deadwing and Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, and Fear of a Blank Planet with Anesthetize, though that's always up for debate. Signify has the beautiful duo of Waiting Phase One and Waiting Phase Two. Again, all up to personal opinion, but I find those two songs to be the strong points of the album, though as a whole, the album doesn't exactly lack in the strong department. Like i've said before though, it's difficult to say where I would put this album in terms of favoritism, because I could listen to another PT album that I like and it would exceed that favoritism right then and there, so i'll just say that at the moment, Signify is my favorite PT album. If I were asked which PT album I would take on a stranded island, I would probably say Fear of a Blank Planet in that respect, only because I could listen to Anesthetize over and over again and still get chills. Anyway, enough rambling for me.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote