Music Banter - View Single Post - People Who Like American Football Are Boring
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #85 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
There's really no need to hand me a wiki entry as I know all this anyway, for example some of Argentina's best know teams have English names.

The question I asked was to challenge the 'cultural ties' that you stated earlier. For example the USA and especially Canada have far greater cultural ties to the UK than Argentina ever could. So based on the logic that you've applied with the wiki example, football should be far more popular in North America than it actually is, that would also be further enforced by the huge amount of immigration into the USA from countries where football is the biggest sport, because immigrants by and large dictate the future development of a society.

It's not that I disagree about the cultural link to the popularity of sports in a country, but in this aspect I think that USA and Canada are an anomaly in regards of this.
They immigrated away from those countries for a reason so they wouldn't exactly like taking everything their mother countries and bringing them here. It just so happens that football got lost in the transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Fixed that for ya.
he was right. Canada is part of America whether you like it or not :P

North America
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote