Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rejoice thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #452 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I finally got some much-needed fun, in addition to finding my way back to King's Island amusement park for the first time in several years.

It was for the annual "Fear Fest," a surreal experience in which the park remained open until 1 am, covered in artificial fog and full of haunted houses and mazes...with major rides left open for a lower price.

I got to experience several things I've never experienced. First, I finally rode Diamondback, and it was just as fun and thrilling as I'd heard. With the weather in the upper twenties to low thirties (Fahrenheit) the whole time, the park covered in fog and scare actors not held to merely the haunted attractions, this added a little extra oomph. Also rode The Beast at midnight. I checked my phone for the time as the car in front of us left the station, and it was 11:57pm. Our train came up immediately, and left within a few minutes. At a ride that clocks in at four minutes, we were definitely climbing or plunging down that first hill and careening into the woods at midnight.

For the event, they shut off all of the lights on the track, and on the maintenance road, so it was damn near pitch black even outside of the tunnels.

It was the top coaster experience of my life, with the hour, the darkness, and the frigid cold as we flew through the trees.

I ended up losing my cigarette lighter on diamondback, as I left it in a regular pocket as opposed to zipped up in an interior pocket...but Diamondback giveth, and Diamondback taketh away.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung

Last edited by ThePhanastasio; 10-27-2013 at 01:59 AM.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote