Music Banter - View Single Post - Post punk/Goth/industrial encyclopedia
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Einsturzende Neubauten from their classic Halber Mensch era. "Yu Gung" certainly was the song that turned into a favorite, but I think that a sample of what they were like visually adds onto the explanation of why they had an effect on Industrial.

Plus a video of a great song showing their more subdued/beautiful side.

In the Nursery!

Pailhead - a classic team up between Ian MacKaye and Al Jourgensen!

What's possibly Sleep Chamber's biggest hit, one for the clear audio, one for those wanting cool archive live footage...

Plus this...for now. A show of their very early years. More experimental.

Current 93 in the early days. Those who only heard Tibet's music from the days of Earth Covers Earth/Thunder Perfect Mind and after might be interested to see Tibet's manic presence back in the day before the Apocalyptic Folk era. GREAT footage! I seriously love the Nature Unveiled-Dawn era, but in a way, this adds onto what the early years were about back then.

...possibly my favorite actual recording of the early days. Heard this on a CD around 1992, and was seriously impressed.

Plus this transitional 1987 work. BEAUTIFUL!

Skinny Puppy Live from 1988...

...one classic video

...and another

After checking out the sounds, you might want to check out that Dutch TV show called The Sounds of Progress featuring Test Department, Coil, David Tibet, and Foetus.
Essential archive footage from a classic time.

Excuse the 5,000,000 edits, but there was just so much to decide wit...and of course I read the rules last. Still, I hope you enjoy this.

Last edited by Screen13; 10-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote