Music Banter - View Single Post - Nobody should need a machine to do something so easy
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
I never understood beer bottle openers. In 2013 90 percent of beers are twist off. if they are not you can literately use ANY SMALL HARD OBJECT to open them easily.
This one I do understand though. Because mostly, only American beers are twist off. Not sure how far this has spread, but other countries could be in dire need of church keys (that's what we call beer bottle openers down here), or new cabinet counters.

In the states, yes, most is twist off. But there are imports. So if you value your lighter, or your ****ty kitchen counter laminate, a church key is handy.

There are obviously other ways to go about it, but since most people have a church key that also doubles as a can puncture (which is weird, because I don't know many people this side of 1980 that still puncture cans of evaporated milk and sh*t like that), it seems to be a common enough item to utilize rather than some other makeshift item that's really doing the same job for no more value in terms of wear resistance.