Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #23653 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Looking cool, calm and collected there, Cenotaph! I´m also surprised at how young you look; to judge from your posts and musical knowledge, I imagined you to be in your mid-thirties at least.

My apologies if you´ve explained it elsewhere on MB, but what´s the story behind the avatar and matching t-shirt ? I thought it was just a drawing that you liked - is there really an unfinished album that we should be investigating? I ask because, thanks to you, I´ve spent hours enjoying various Exuma, Big Blood and David Thomas Broughton albums- three of the best tips I´ve had from MB !
It's an extremely upsetting and emotional album from one of my favorite singer/songwriters, Daniel Johnston. Johnston started out recording numerous albums on cassette tapes in the 1980s and handing them out to people. Somewhere during the middle of the decade, he started to become more manic depressive and schizophrenic. In fact, Hi, How Are You? (1983) was in the process of being made when he had a mental breakdown. I highly recommend listening to it, but... it's somewhat difficult to get into for some people.

TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote