Music Banter - View Single Post - thrash
Thread: thrash
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
Excuse my epic slowness.
You mean "OUR" epic slowness, I'm guessing. I think Batlord lives on some different plain where using really bad slang is universal. Like what does "home slice" even mean? Someone at work the other day said that and when I asked what it meant she said, "Home bread," or something like that. I think that that pushed me even further away from knowing what she was talking about.

I say somethings often times that I KNOW I don't know what I'm talking about and so I say, "I said it, so I have no clue what I meant," just to get one over on them for once and all the while admitting that I don't know what I'm talking about. For all I know they know both what I'm talking about and what they themselves are talking about. I never do.

SO, will someone please do this to explain it, and preferably not in a whisper as the icon suggests. If not, that's fine; we'll just get back to our lives in this here realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Slayer isn't... thrash? Then are they like, death metal or something?
I used to think that they were death metal because of their lyrics surrounding deathly kind of structure. But now listening to Death, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Lamb of God, and some others, I see that death metal could've been called gore metal, and if you need lyrics full of gory detail to be death, Slayer isn't death. Also, you need to growl in guttural/gutteral ways in order to be death.

Slayer's probably mathematical-geological-historical-scientologistic-geometrictic-corelistic metal... Am I right, Batlord?
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote