Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #100 (permalink)
Key

Number 10 out of 15: Blackfield - Blackfield

Yeah yeah yeah, I already did a Steven Wilson project, but hey, I can't put a Porcupine Tree album on a best list without having Blackfield included as well, especially with such a fantastic album as "Blackfield", and even better, I decided to choose the song of the same name as the two mentioned already:

If this album was just this one song, i'd still find it as enjoyable as I do with all the other songs included, this is one of the first songs I heard from Steven Wilson, so I was instantly hooked. The intro sort of hits me in a sensitive spot each time because it just has that emotional feel to it, as does the rest of the song, but the intro most of all.

Lyrically, of course, the album is strong, when isn't an album strong lyrically when it involves Steven Wilson, um...never? I mean come on....

"River glass, cycle past, overcast
I saw it all in the blackfield
Copper sky, shadows rise, bridge of sighs
We had all in the blackfield"

This song is really cool in the way that each time something is said, it's followed up with "so and so in the blackfield" but it's done in such a way that it makes perfect sense. Definitely an album worth listening to if you've got some time, or even if you've never even heard of this Steven Wilson guy that i'm always going on about. It's worth your time, i'll tell you that much.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote