Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #6100 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Fair enough, I mean I'm with you too, the PC is my preferred platform, but I do have to say that GFWL for Grand Theft Auto IV pissed me off.

Anyways here's what I'm playing right now.

It's a mod that really upgrades the original DOOM but in ways that don't betray what it was originally like. It still looks, sounds, and feels like DOOM, but it's adding in mouse aiming, the ability to crouch and jump, and some little texture and particle effects that help modernize the game and almost make it feel like something completely new. It's probably been close to 15 years since I've played DOOM I & II, but with this mod it really does feel like I'm playing a new game.

If you missed out on the game back in the day when it came out and want to get a feeling of what it was like, but without having to put up with the design limitations of the day then I would highly recommend this mod. DOOM was the very first video game I ever played, so you might think this is just nostalgia talking, but no, this really does revitalize the game and show that it can still be just as fun today as it was 20 years ago which makes me very happy.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote