Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #465 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Frazier has been a complete disaster. It's not like that call puts him over the top or anything. Still, Spielman seems to want to support him, which blows my mind.

Anyways, that game worked out great. They played better than they have in a while and they lost, which improves their draft stock. I'm actively rooting against them every week for a better pick, but I still like to take some positives away at the same time.

If you look at the bottom third of the league, Jacksonville seems like the only team that would definitely take a QB with their top pick.

Baltimore - committed to Flacco
Buffalo - just took Manuel in the 1st last year
Oakland - possible, but may stay with Pryor; they're 3-5 anyways
Pittsburgh - committed to Ben
Houston - Keenum is looking very good right now, and the team should improve this year still
Washington - obviously committed to RG3
St. Louis - Bradford is a first overall pick
Atlanta - committed to Ryan
Giants - committed to Eli
Tampa Bay - possible, but Glennon has stepped in very nicely

The only other teams that could tank and would be looking for a QB are Tennessee (4-4), Arizona (4-4), and Cleveland (4-5). I don't think that would be very likely though.

You've got two big name QBs this year with Bridgewater and Mariota (if he declares, of course), and I'm really liking the Vikings chances at landing one of them.

We'll of course probably still be going with a Freeman/Ponder combo though...

I wouldn't say no to Clowney either, of course. He'd be a great replacement for Allen. Still, you gotta have a franchise QB in this league.
I don't know. 2 months ago, 1 month ago, hell even a week or maybe closer to 2 weeks ago I would have said the same thing. But watching that Dallas game, seeing the no-huddle offense and how much command Ponder had over it really changed my mind. I saw him run it against the Redskins last year and he looked very comfortable then, but this time they let him run it early on. Imagine when they take the training wheels off and let him run the offense by himself.

I always figured they knew something when Spielman and Frazier both said that Ponder has "a bright future for the Vikings", and maybe that's what we're going to see. I think Rick's going let the coaches cut him loose a little bit this year, and then let him run the offense in 2014.

With that said, I'd definitely pick a solid backup for him in the middle or even early rounds, but definitely not in the first. They need a NT, 3rd down back and offensive linemen more than they need a QB.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote