Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #13613 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
See that's the thing. The film is all about the visuals and the excellent sound editing but I didn't feel the suspense.

Spoiler for hide and seek:
Ryan being the star. I didn't feel like she was ever in danger of not making it to the end. There were little hiccups here and there but I wasn't attached to her character in a sense that I feared for her life like she wouldn't make it. After the first few saves that she got. I was like okay doesn't matter what gets thrown at her. She's going to make it. Also no ty on that sequel lol.

Would you ever watch it again?
I felt somewhat the same about the comments in the spoiler, but nonetheless the way that it was edited is what made it suspenseful. These were very high energy and well made action sequences that had me gripping my seat even as those thoughts were running through my head. I do agree that the plot is not as strong as it could be, in fact I was disappointed by the film a little bit because everyone was saying 10/10 where I would say 7 or 8. It wasn't as fantastic as everyone said, but it was still pretty great.

I don't think that I'd watch it again on my own, I definitely would with a friend or family member who hadn't seen it yet though.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote